Is your baby over six months of age and do you wish to introduce top feed? Are you planning to switch your baby to bottles? Or are you are planning to buy baby bottles where you can store your breast milk?
In any of the above situations, it is natural to get confused. If you are wondering what kind of baby bottle to go for, how to choose baby bottles and what to look for while choosing baby bottles, this post is a must read for you.
How To Choose A Baby Bottle?
With so many types of baby bottles available in the market these days, it is natural to feel confused. From glass to plastic to ones that are straight or curved, the options are many. So how do you know which baby bottle will be right for your little one?
First let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the two main types of baby bottles – glass and BPA free plastic baby bottles:
1. Glass Baby Bottles:
One of the main reasons why parents still choose glass baby bottles is because they are BPA free.
Pros of using glass baby bottles:
- Glass bottles are BPA free.
- It is a more eco-friendly option as it is made without the use of petroleum.
- The bottles last a longer time.
- Glass bottles can be boiled during sterilization and also be used for heating.
- Glass bottles are recyclable.
Cons of using glass baby bottles:
- Glass bottles will break easily in case they are dropped.
- They are more expensive than plastic bottles or BPA free plastic bottles.
- Glass bottles are heavier.
- They are not always available in different variants or sizes.AdvertisementAdvertisement